Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2016

My Go to Quick and Healthy Weeknight Dinner


During the week I am lucky if I get home before 7. Dinners for me need to be quick and easy for both cooking and clean up so we can eat and get to bed by 830 at the latest. One of my favorite weeknight dinners that is easy, healthy, and yummy are Healthy Loaded Baked Potatoes!!

When meal prepping for the week I try to make a couple baked potatoes or sweet potatoes to keep on hand for this quick meal. Since they are already cooked I can just heat them up in the microwave and not have to wait 30+ minutes for them to cook in the oven...... I don't have time for that! Plus I just got out of the gym and I am HANGRY! So I need quick, quick, quick!

Here are the toppings I love for my loaded baked potato: 
  •  Lean ground turkey (I cook mine with sautéed onions, pepper, and Mrs. Dash seasoning)
* You can also try ground chicken, lean ground beef, shredded chicken, steak, pork, and even tofu if you're vegetarian.
  • Sauteed zuchinni and muschrooms diced
  • Plain non-fat greek yogurt (Great substitute for sour cream)
  • Low fat cheese
*I will also switch between sweet potatoes and regular russet potatoes depending on what sounds good but use whatever kind you like!


Here is the final product! I ran out of zucchini so I did corn and mushrooms for my veggies
So choose whatever toppings you would like to load up your potato and enjoy! Be sure to comment and let me know if you liked this Quick and Healthy Weeknight Dinner!      

No comments:

Post a Comment