Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Quick and Effective Shoulder and Leg Workout

Try this quick shoulder and leg workout when you're stretched for time but need to get your workout done! 

Complete each superset for the total number of sets before moving on to the next and go right into the second exercise before taking a rest. Try to take no more than 30 seconds rest between each superset if you can. 

Superset 1: 
Dumbbell shoulder press 4x12 
Dumbbell sumo squat 4x15 

Superset 2: 
Barbell back squat (moderate heavy weight) 4x10
*take these slow and focus on pushing through your glutes*
Alternating dumbbell front raise 4x12 

Triset: 
Dumbbell walking lunges 3x20 
*Be sure to keep your chest up and keep your knee from going over your leading toe* 
Bulgarian split lunge 3x10 
Bent over dumbbell flys 3x12 

I also did some abs with this workout. You can either add them in to each superset or do them all them together at the end. I like to split them up with each superset because I feel that I get it done faster and it adds some extra movement in between sets to keep my heart rate up. Here's the exercises I did: 
Abs 
Plank 4x30 seconds or more 
*Place a swiss ball under your feet for added intensity 
Russian twist with weight 4x30 (15 each side) 
*If you don't have a medicine ball use a dumbbell 
Hanging leg raises 4x15 
*Add weight for more intensity 

This whole workout took me about 40 minutes to complete and I still felt a good burn and I feel sore this morning. During all my workouts I try to keep my rest down to a minimum. This helps keep my heart rate up and cuts down on the total time while still getting a great workout in. It's  especially helpful when I got my crazy two year old with me and he doesn't want to play more than 30 minutes in the kids area. 

I hope you enjoy this workout as much as I did! Let me know by leaving a comment if you'd like to see more workouts! 


No comments:

Post a Comment