Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Why I Drink Lemon Water Every Morning


I began drinking hot lemon water consistently every morning a couple months ago after reading all the benefits that come with it. Everything I read stated pretty much the same thing: 
1. It aids in boosting your metabolism 
2. It aids in weight loss
3. It aids in proper digestion and detox 
And a huge list of other things but these were the ones that interested me so I decided to give it a shot and now it's a part of my morning routine and I love it. 

First thing I do in the morning after I hop out of bed is throw some water in a coffee cup and heat it up for a bit. I finally went and got myself a fancy lemon squeezer from the dollar store because I was tired of almost choking on the lemon seeds every morning. I usually use a half of a lemon if they are the bigger ones and a whole one if it's kind of smaller but I also like it very tart so use what tastes good to you. 

Now I can't really say if it's helped with any weight loss or with my metabolism because I do a lot of other things that aid in staying healthy and fit but I can tell you that I do notice a difference between the mornings I drink the lemon water vs. the mornings when I don't (usually on the weekends when I've ran out and am too lazy to go to the store and get more). I feel more energized, my body just feels good, my stomach feels good, I'm ready to eat good all day, and sometimes I wake up with a sore throat if I had the fan on or from mouth breathing (I'm a huge mouth breather at night it's super cute my husband loves it) and by the time I drink a cup of warm lemon water it feels 100% better. But my favorite part, it tastes good and makes me feel all warm inside! 

And just a side note.... try to stay away for the lemon juice in a bottle that stuff is usually loaded with preservatives that aren't gonna do you any good. So try to stick with the fresh stuff for the best benefits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment